To provide the best experiences, we use technologies like cookies to store and/or access device information. Consenting to these technologies will allow us to process data such as browsing behavior or unique IDs on this site. Not consenting or withdrawing consent, may adversely affect certain features and functions.
The technical storage or access is strictly necessary for the legitimate purpose of enabling the use of a specific service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user, or for the sole purpose of carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network.
The technical storage or access is necessary for the legitimate purpose of storing preferences that are not requested by the subscriber or user.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for statistical purposes.
The technical storage or access that is used exclusively for anonymous statistical purposes. Without a subpoena, voluntary compliance on the part of your Internet Service Provider, or additional records from a third party, information stored or retrieved for this purpose alone cannot usually be used to identify you.
The technical storage or access is required to create user profiles to send advertising, or to track the user on a website or across several websites for similar marketing purposes.
Hi, some suggestion:
When we have many pages, it becomes hard to remember which page contains the information we have written some days ago. Here are some ideas:
– Ability to add titles to notes.
– Ability to add keywords (Not sure it would be really usefull, maybe a better thing could be some integration with Punakea. Ayway its just an idea. I will think more about this one).
– A search field to find relevant notes (like in Preview from Apple).
– Include or use spotlight to search a note.
– Some kind of coverflow or exposé feature to see several preview of the notes at once.
What could also be useful is a list of all created notes, with the ability to change the number of a note (or to “move them around”). Usage example:
– I deleted all notes between 15 and 25, I want to place the notes from 26 to 35 just after the 15th note.
– I made a note wth a number close to 100, but what was it exactly ? 99 ? 101 ? 102 ? …
– I want to group notes 3 and 11 (which cover the same subject) one after the other.
And finally, when I want to edit 2 notes at the same time, it would be nice to be able to open 2 windows at the same time. Also usefull when I want to merge/split notes.
Thats’it, some work for you 😉
Thanks again for ScratchPad, it is very nice !
Some more ideas:
– Make the note files (that are in ~/Library/Application Support/ScratchPad/Notes/) to open in ScratchPad by default when double-clicked. And when opened, ScratchPad switch to that note. (ScratchPad just has to know the file name to know which note it is) This way I can make an alias on the desktop of an important note, or you could easily make spotlight integration, or I could manage some notes with Punakea (http://www.nudgenudge.eu/punakea), or access them through Quicksilver, Butler etc.
– And if the rtfd file that we open with ScratchPad is not a note file, ask to import it as a new note. Ask for the number of the note to create with that content or to which the content should be appended. Then ScratchPad would be able to import and export notes.
– Remember the last position in a page, so that we don’t have to scroll all the way down in long pages if we often need what is at the end of it. Maybe not between 2 executions of the application, but at least during a single execution, when we switch often betwwen 2 pages. (Otherwise let us open 2 windows 🙂 )
Thanks for the suggestions!